Spring is just around the corner and that means lots of fresh garden vegetables and fruits. I love when the seasons change because we can also change our menus to take advantage of seasonal foods. And what better time than now to take advantage of a light spinach and strawberry salad for lunch. Or add some grilled salmon for a heartier meal at dinner. Try this recipe and let us know what you think.
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Light and delicious spring or summer salad
- 1 coarsely chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Step 1 Combine the spinach, strawberries, apple, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Step 2 Pour the balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small bowl and whisk together. Stream the olive oil into the bowl and continue whisking continuously. Add salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Drizzle balsamic glaze over salad just before serving.
What’s your favorite light recipe for warmer weather? Leave us a comment below!